nvidia-xconfig package questions

earlier I wiped out the configuration files made by dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and ran the nvidia-xconfig package on this system. The nvidia--xconfig made a default configuration file for me called and wanted to load type1 which isn't on this system and also wanted to run nvidia. If those two errors hadn't come up that might have been a good configuration file. The file's name started with XF86 too for some strange reason I figured it would make the configuration file I had wiped out earlier. Are there additional packages that need to be on this system for that to work correctly, I have an nvidia 3414 card in this computer.