Re: kadmin ktadd and F_WRLCK

Monika Strack wrote:

I have a big problem with kerberos5 ktadd. I create a new principal host/myhost.mydomain. This works ok. Then I want add it to the krb5.keytab, but ktadd hang. I have make a strace of kadmin and found that fcntl64(5, F_SETLKW, {type=F_WRLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=0, len=0} is hanging.
Here the strace:
<snip>
We have many hosts in keytab, so at the last Year it works. The last time, I have add a host to keytab are the Martch 23 2007.

How did you create the keytab? Using a newer version of kadmin or were you by any chance using the Heimdall kadmin (BSD)? The kadmin's are incompatible - just a thought. The strace doesn't mean much to me I'm afraid.

I had a similar problem on an old stable machine, here's a workaround which may help if kadmin's hanging

kadmin:

create the host key with host/host.domain
ktadd -k /etc/temp.keytab host/host.domain

# mv /etc/krb5.keytab /etc/old.keytab

ktutil:

rkt /etc/temp.keytab
rkt /etc/old.keytab
wkt /etc/krb5.keytab

# mv /etc/temp.keytab /etc/old.keytab /root (for safe keeping!)

--
Jamin @ Home @ Chester UK