Re: Additional RAM brings Lenny to a slow-down

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 07:33:05PM +0000, andy wrote:

> both occasions. I've just pulled the second RAM chip for now.  Despite
> spending the better part of the afternoon running searches on google
> and reading info grub-doc I have come across nothing that is remotely
> useful. My board is set up to take 2GB x DDR2 pc533 RAM. Assuming that
> nothing is wrong with the hardware (and really, how does one check
> that?), it looks like this may be a kernel issue for the 2.6.22-3-686.
> Unfortunately, I cannot find out whether any bugs have been filed.

I would run extensive memtests (with each of the two memories and then
with both installed). I haven't done this in a while, but my guess is
you need to install one of memtest86 or memtest86+ (if not already
installed) then reboot and choose the 'memtest' option in the grub menu.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)