Re: Xorg.0.log on accessible gnome install attempt

The most noticeable thing that happens with gdm running is I get to what sounds like a login screen and key in my user id then I've tried both with return and tab after that and key in my password and all gdm returns is an error beep. If I hit control-alt-fx and usually f1 and drop to command line I can log in there just fine. When I wrote about that problem earlier I was advised to disable gdm then run startx in order to access the gnome and x environment and that's how I generated the Xorg.0.log file.