Re: My own emails

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/29/08 15:14, Celejar wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:36:11 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:04:20 -0500
"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello H.S.,

I just discovered the other day that gmail doesn't have folders!
I guess they replaced that with labels.
Which does nothing to improve wading through a list of messages.   :-(
Why not?  Whenever you would move a message into folder X, just label
it X.  Clicking on label X (or entering 'label:X' in the search box)
will then limit the view to all X messages.  The only difference
between folders and labels, AFAIU, is that a message can be in only one
folder, but it can have multiple labels.  Am I missing something?

(Evolution has something similar, but also still has folders.)

Because with folders the messages are just *there*.  No need to
click this, click that, search this, search that.

IIRC, Thunderbird is also going to have the label feature in a big way. Wonder how that will change the folders' scene in it.

->HS