Re: My own emails

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:36:11 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:04:20 -0500
> "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello H.S.,
>
> > > I just discovered the other day that gmail doesn't have folders!
> > I guess they replaced that with labels.
>
> Which does nothing to improve wading through a list of messages.   :-(

Why not?  Whenever you would move a message into folder X, just label
it X.  Clicking on label X (or entering 'label:X' in the search box)
will then limit the view to all X messages.  The only difference
between folders and labels, AFAIU, is that a message can be in only one
folder, but it can have multiple labels.  Am I missing something?

>  Regards  _
>          / )           "The blindingly obvious is
>         / _)rad        never immediately apparent"

Celejar