Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> The Debian Swirl reminds me of some kind of worm or shellfish.
>
> The Debian HookWorm?
> The Debian RingWorm?  Digs into your Sole (Soul)?  Lord of the RingWorm?
> The Debian Tapeworm?  Makes you hungry for more!
>
> The Debian Krill?  (Eaten by Puffy?)
>
> The Debian Swirl, as relaxing as a whirlpool.
>

> Doug.

For me, the swirl, like the numeral 9 represents a central beginning
with a journey that expands ever outwards in search of new challenges,
to infinity.  The icon never crosses paths with itself and has no sharp
angles.  I've always thought it was quite a fitting icon for a free
software distro, but I suppose it means different things to different
people.

--finite9