Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 09:41:24PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> -----

>    I also would like to spend some Debian money on a contest, similar to
> the FreeBSD logo contest [2], to create a friendly mascot for the Debian
> project (in a similar way to the Linux penguin or the GNU gnu) that we
> can use where the logo is not enough. More on this in a few days.

The Debian Swirl reminds me of some kind of worm or shellfish.

The Debian HookWorm?
The Debian RingWorm?  Digs into your Sole (Soul)?  Lord of the RingWorm?
The Debian Tapeworm?  Makes you hungry for more!

The Debian Krill?  (Eaten by Puffy?)

Can't call it the Debian Shrimp since its nees so much memory...
For computers with Muscle!  (more a problem with Linux 2.6.xx rather
than Debian itself).

The Debian Swirl, as relaxing as a whirlpool.

Doug.