Re: Newsreader question

John Hasler:
> Zoho writes:
>
>> I follow debian-user by reading it from Pan (a newsgroup reader). I am
>> wondering if anyone knows of software that I can run on my server that
>> makes all my subscribed newsgroups available through a web interface?
>
> Install Leafnode and you will be able to read newsgroups from any of your
> machines using the newsreader of your choice.

Which still leaves the question how to synchronize messages status
(read/unread) across multiple computers. Some time ago I used slrnpull
for offline reading and copied my .newsrc back and forth, but that was a
real pain.

And I am still searching for a decent console newsreader that supports
UTF-8, so if anybody can recommend one...

J.
--
I often play sports / do exercise.
[Agree]   [Disagree]