Tweaking /boot/grub/menu.lst to use 2GB RAM

Hi all

I'm seeking some advice on the best option to enable my 2.6.22-3-686 kernel to utilise the 2Gb RAM properly.

What is the best tweak to the /boot/grub/menu.lst file in order to enable my kernel to recognise and utilise the additional RAM? Looking through this file, the relevant section appears to be this commented part:

  ## should update-grub create memtest86 boot option
  ## e.g. memtest86=true
  ##      memtest86=false
  # memtest86=true

The instructions are to not uncomment the section, but just to edit. So would my edit be to add
  memtest86=true or memtest86=false

or would I simply add the line to menu.lst between the two markers that reads:
  mem=2097152M     #2GB RAM

The latter is what I understand from the bootparam(7) man-pages, but I'd like to confirm that my understanding is accurate before I commit.

Thanks