Re: Usermount

Frank wrote:
> Anybody know of other graphical front ends to mount ??

Well, using Synaptic to look for packages that have 'mount' in their
names or descriptions, I see a few that look interesting.  I'd suggest
to have a look at all of them, and take the one you like best.

mountapp
    A dock app which allows you to browse all your mount points and to
    mount/unmount devices in a simple point and click manner.

usbmount
    automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

mountpy
    mountpy scans all devices connected to the system, and tries to
    mount them, creating mount directories as needed.

wmmount
    wmmount runs in a 64x64 window, displaying the amount of free space
    on file systems. Simply by clicking on it you can mount and unmount
    file systems. This is especially suitable for removable disks such
    as floppies, CD-ROMs, ZIP drives etc.

xfce4-mount-plugin
    mount plugin for the Xfce4 panel

xvmount
    Small graphical utility for mounting devices by users

endeavour2
    file manager supporting disk drive mounting, among others

gnome-volume-manager
    GNOME daemon to auto-mount and manage media devices