sa-exim still scans mails received via local smtp

Hello all,

well, I'm far from being an exim expert, and thus I guess there is
something (or maybe a lot) which I don't understand here, so please
point me to any brainos I might have inserted.

Given a Debian Etch installation of exim4 and sa-exim, all working fine,
except for the tiny bit that mails received via local smtp are scanned
even though they shouldn't.

An excerpt from the exim4.conf.template on which the actual config is based:
| # This access control list is used for every RCPT command in an incoming
| # SMTP message. The tests are run in order until the address is either
| # accepted or denied.
| #
| acl_check_rcpt:
|
|   # Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do this by
|   # testing for an empty sending host field.
|   accept
|     hosts = :
|     set acl_m0 = noscan
| [...]
|   accept
|     hosts = +relay_from_hosts
|     set acl_m0 = noscan
|     control = submission/sender_retain

An excerpt from the sa-exim.conf:
| SAEximRunCond: ${if !eq{$acl_m0}{noscan}}

However, the following excerpts from a sample mail illustrate it doesn't
quite work as intended:

On the other hand, if a mail is sent from one of the relay_from_hosts it
isn't scanned, just as intended.

Any hints on what I might be missing here, please?

Cheers,
Flo