Re: Additional RAM brings Lenny to a slow-down

Jochen Schulz wrote:
andy:
My question is: are there any known limits on the amount of RAM Lenny can operate with?

No, but I think you have hit a problem Linux has with certain mainboards
that I have read about a few times already. I don't know the exact
solution anymore but it involves telling the kernel how much memory you
have. It's something like a 'mem=XXXXM' boot parameter.

J.
Thanks for that clue Jochen. I am running the 2.6.22-3-686 kernel. Can anyone verify this and what the parameters are that need to be passed to the kernel? Is this likely to require my recompiling the kernel?

Cheers