Intel Graphics Drivers

I am attempting to compile the graphics drivers from www.intellinuxgraphics.com on Debian Etch but I am having some problems. I downloaded the necessary source trees from their git repository using the links provided in the downloads section of that page. I have been trying to compile them per the instructions found here:

When I run autogen.sh I get the following output:

# ./autogen.sh
autoreconf2.50: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal  --output=aclocal.m4t
aclocal: configure.ac: 41: macro `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' not found in library
aclocal: configure.ac: 219: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
autoreconf2.50: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I am not very familiar with autoconf or autoreconf, but the problem seems to be this set of macro calls in the configure.ac file:

# Checks for programs.

I have Googled this problem but I haven't found much in the way of possible solutions. I have installed the packages git, git-core, git-arch, git-completion, git-cvs, and git-svn but the problem persists. Does anyone have any suggestions to try, or has anyone else successfully compiled these drivers under Etch?

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of
Integrated Information Technology Services
Data Processing Office
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177