Re: DSL speed

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:30:03AM +0000, Zach wrote:
> The speed test at dslreports.com is showing my download speed as 625
> Kb/s. This seems a lot less than the 768 Kb/s I'm supposed to have. My

You were not really expecting to get 768 Kb/s, did you? But you should
also try other test sites (ex. www.speedtest.net) using various servers.

> latency to their test server in NY was 50ms. Is there anything I can
> do to to increase my download speed? I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD
> until I can buy a new computer. Running 2.6.18 kernel and
> Debian/Ubuntu.

Not at your side. If you get consistent results you could try talking to
your ISP to check your lines, ... . But don't expect to get 768 Kb/s,
that's just the theoretical speed.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)