Re: Exim4, ISPs and headers

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> Have a look at my headers, should be the same (I am using a similar
> setup with postfix). Didn't have any troubles so far (though I am
> subscribed to the whitelist for Debian lists).

Cool.  I guess I picked the wrong week to clean out my mailboxes and so
I didn't have too many messages lying about to look at the headers.  The
few there were seemed unlike mine, or were from gmail or the like.  But,
I do see that yours is quite similar.

> The only way I know of not getting those Received: headers would be to
> let your MUA talk directly to the smarthost, but I don't think this is
> necessary (I'm guessing a lot of people on this list uses similar
> setups).

Good to know.  I won't worry too much about it then, unless I start
finding my mails dropped by other people.  And I think I will start
glancing at the headers now and then on this list just to see how common
these kinds of things are.

Many thanks for the information Andrei.

Patrick