Re: debian vs centos as server

hhding wrote:

> why debian?
> why centos?

You mean as a user or as an administrator?

I have used both as a user. I can confidently say both do the job equally
well.

As an administrator, I always prefer debian or debian based distros. But
that is because I spend most of my time on Debian and know it much better
than centos. In any case, aside from the proprietary stuff, what you can do
in debian, can be done in centos as well. It is a matter of where you can
get something done efficiently and quickly.

If the admin is comfortable/has experience with debian, go with Debian. If
the admin has experience with centos, go with centos.

just my 2 cents
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi