Bothering error messages on console terminal (was: Bothering error message when logging out X)

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:

> Is the kernel putting that there, or is syslog?
>
> [...]
>
> Look in /etc/syslog.conf. (at the lines that don't start with "#").
>
> In my file, I see two sections that may be of interest:
>
> *.emerg			*
>
> This sends all messages of level emerg to all terminals.
>
> Plugging in a drive should be an emergency.

Uncommenting that line gives no result.

> This should be set in /etc/udev/udev.conf:
>

> # udev.conf
>
> # The initial syslog(3) priority: "err", "info", "debug" or its
> # numerical equivalent. For runtime debugging, the daemons internal
> # state can be changed with: "udevcontrol log_priority=<value>".
> udev_log="err"

Changing the line:

 udev_log="err"

into:

 udevcontrol log_priority=0

eliminates the undesired message when plugging in the usb pendrive.  But then
my bluetooth-usb adaptor is not recongnized by the system any more, and when I
unplug it the following message appears:

 usb 1-2: can't set config #1, error -110

.  How can I fix that?

> Are you getting this message on all terminals or just on VT1 (which is
> normally considered the console)?

It appears on all terminals.
Thanks indeed!

Rodolfo