Re: pasting into vim [Was: Re: question about vim]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:07:51AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:02:14AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 06:36:51PM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> >
> > > yeah I like the filetype stuff as well, I just hate when I do cut and
> > > paste and with comments, everything gets askew, so some files I want it
> > > off by default
> >
> > I'm sure there is a solution for this, I just couldn't find it myself.
>
> Actually the solution below works pretty good. Recalled it only after I
> wrote this sentence.
>
> > (I'm guessing you are talking about pasting already indented text which
> > gets indented again by vim). AFAIK you need to 'set paste'. Use
yep

> > 'pastetoggle' to set a keybinding for it (read 'help paste' for why it
will look into this

thanks

--
"We had a good Cabinet meeting, talked about a lot of issues. Secretary of State and Defense brought us up to date about our desires to spread freedom and peace around the world."

	- George W. Bush
08/01/2003
Washington, DC