pasting into vim [Was: Re: question about vim]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 06:36:51PM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:

> yeah I like the filetype stuff as well, I just hate when I do cut and
> paste and with comments, everything gets askew, so some files I want it
> off by default

I'm sure there is a solution for this, I just couldn't find it myself.
(I'm guessing you are talking about pasting already indented text which
gets indented again by vim). AFAIK you need to 'set paste'. Use
'pastetoggle' to set a keybinding for it (read 'help paste' for why it
won't work with normal keybindings).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)