	Tyan Thunder h1000E Motherboard

	2 Dual-Core AMD Opteron Processors

	Two hard drives:  #1 on the builtin IDE - hda
			  #2 on an PCI card	- hdc

The system always boots from #1 but sometimes, the kernel gets confused and assigns #2 as hda and #1 as hde. When this happens, the boot fails because #2 has two empty partitions.

I can enter reboot and sometimes the system will come up with the disk set correctly and sometimes not.

This problem also happened on Etch with kernel 2.6.18-5-k7.

I would welcome suggestions for what is causing the problem and how to correct it.

Thanks.

Butch