Re: Blacklisting modules

On 20/02/2008, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:49:39PM +0000, Robin wrote:
> I have an onboard rtl8187 wireless usb chip which I want to disable but
> which cannot be disabled from bios. I added 'blacklist rtl8187' to
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist but the module still loads. Any ideas whereelse to
> check?

Try 'install rtl8187 /bin/true' instead of the 'blacklist' if this
doesn't work than the module is loaded somewhere else, probably in your
initrd, which will need to be rebuilt.

Regards,
Andrei

Seems it is loaded somewhere else. I'll try rebuilding initrd.

Thanks

--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1