Re: iceweasel

* Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> [080217 08:00]:

> Is iceweasel v2.0.0.12 from the debian etch repository the same version
> as firefox? I assume so but I just want to make sure.
>
> I'm having some minor issues browsing and I can't figure out what the
> problem is. The symptom is that iceweasel freezes up completely for 10 to
> 15 seconds on various websites, e.g.:
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=48
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=8874
>
> I can handle websites when they're slow, but the problem is that
> iceweasel freezes completely, so I can't change tabs to carry on browsing
> somewhere else. I have to sit and wait.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this?

I've been having the same trouble for the past month or two -- perhaps
longer.  I installed the system monitor applet for gnome panel, and
found that some websites cause processor usage to go to 100 percent,
in which case the browser appears to freeze.  However, I can change to
another workplace and continue to use the machine.  Also, I can run
another browser in another workplace and browse with it.

RLH