iceweasel

Is iceweasel v2.0.0.12 from the debian etch repository the same version as firefox? I assume so but I just want to make sure.

I'm having some minor issues browsing and I can't figure out what the problem is. The symptom is that iceweasel freezes up completely for 10 to 15 seconds on various websites, e.g.:

http://www.independent.co.uk/
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=48
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=8874

I can handle websites when they're slow, but the problem is that iceweasel freezes completely, so I can't change tabs to carry on browsing somewhere else. I have to sit and wait.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Found no mention of it on the mozillazine.org forum.

Adam