compaq nx6120

Hi there

My compaq nx6120 runs a Debian 4.0r2 and a kernel 2.6.18-6-686.
Most features work nicely, but there are a couple of quite annoying
problems I couldn't find a clear answer:

1) My mouse very often dies and dmesg gives the following message:

uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: host controller process error, something bad happened!
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: host controller halted, very bad!
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.0: HC died; cleaning up
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 3

It is interesting that this usually happens when i slightly move the
laptop on the table. Moving the mouse or its cable does not cause it
to hang. I've seen several posts with similar problems, but not a good
solution to it.

2) ACPI isn't working. I can't see the battery details and the
computer does not completely shutdown. It stops at "System is halted"
and hangs.

I would appreciate any help on these matters.
Thanks,
Beny