Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 15:30 +0200, Micha wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:03:39 +0200
> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 13/02/2008, Micha <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
> > > Acrobat yes (although I found it hard to work with). Acrobat reader AFAIK,
> > > no.
> > >
> > >  I saw a couple of programs that set the pdf as a background and allow to
> > > write over it (don't remember the names at the moment), but they were all
> > > rather limited
> > >

> > Gimp? I just opened a PDF with Gimp just fine.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
{}

> When it's a multifile pdf that you want to mainly read and just annotate along
> the way, gimp is not a viable option.
>
> One other problem with most anotators BTW is that they don't change the file
> but store the changes somewhere else, which means that they are dependent on
> where the file resides and what it's name is, which makes it hard to send the
> annotations.

Yes, one of my requirements (portability) meant that I could see the
(annotated) PDF on different machines/architectures *without additional
files/software* ie the output is saved as PDF which is readable by all
PDF viewers... (I would add that it should be searchable (by word) too
which would seem to exclude graphical editors such as GIMP)

thanks, Michael