Re: advanced power management for non-existent /dev/hda

On 2008-02-11, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On 02/11/08 08:20, Tyler Smith wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting some strange errors at the end of the boot-up process.
>> This is what it looks like in dmesg:
>>
>> hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
>> hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { AbortedCommand }
>> ide: failed opcode was: 0xef
>>
>> The thing is, I don't have a /dev/hda. My single harddrive is scsi,
>
> Maybe there are some legacy config files hanging around.  I'd try
> this, and see what it says:
>
> # grep hda /etc/*

Thanks, Ron.

The only thing that comes up is my fstab file, which I had to monkey
with after changing the partitions. hda is the device used for CDs on
this system, but perhaps I've missed something to indicate that they
shouldn't be mounted as part of the boot process?

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda7       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/sda8       /home/tyler/photos         ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

/dev/sdb1	/home/tyler/jumpdrive vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sda1	/mnt/windows	ntfs noauto,ro,users,noexec,umask=000 0 0

Cheers,

Tyler