this list is on google groups

I didn't realize that until I joined a Google Group for Rails, went to my profile page and saw that Google could quickly display every post that I'd ever made to the debian list.  Kind of scarey to think that all of my posts to a list were being kept on record with out my knowing.  I'm sure that the debian list had an announcement about this, but I don't read every day.  Anybody else find this creepy?

Makes me wonder if i should check to see if my "Overly Fond of Goats" list has also been made a Google Group with out me knowing.  Sure wouldn't want anyone keeping tabs on those posts.  BTW, this bit about goats is a complete and hopefully humorous fabrication.