maturedebs: sightly stable unstable

Gentlemen, why not let the others get cut on the cutting edge of
Debian sid whilst we relax and wait oh, say 72 hours for the packages
we want to stabilize? Slightly stable unstable, but not too stable as
to be stale as stable.

Sure, man apt.conf mentions Max-Age, but that is only for index files
and we want Min-Age anyway. Anyway, here we go:

#!/usr/bin/perl
# maturedebs -
# Choose slightly more stable Debian unstable (sid) packages:
# Given a list of .deb URIs, one per line on STDIN,
# output the ones that are older than ARGV[0] hours:
# $0 hours < URIs
# Copyright       : http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/gpl.html
# By: Dan Jacobson  http://jidanni.org/
# Last Modified On: Thu Feb  7 13:27:13 2008
# Update Count    : 42
use strict;
use warnings FATAL => 'all';
use HTTP::Request;
use HTTP::Date;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Status;
my $r = HTTP::Request->new( HEAD => );
$r->header( 'If-Modified-Since', time2str( time - ( pop @ARGV ) * 60 * 60 ) );
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;

while (<>) {
    print if ( $ua->request($r)->code == RC_NOT_MODIFIED );
}

Use it like
$ apt-get --print-uris -yy -qq dselect-upgrade|
perl -nwle "/'(.*)'/&&print \$1"|maturedebs 72|xargs wget
or something etc. etc. perhaps. Just a start.
Step two is then apt-get --no-download --fix-missing etc.
Sorry. See ya. Bye.