Re: Iceweasel problems - 2 of 3

Dennis G. Wicks ha scritto:
When I restart Iceweasel it reopens all the windows and
tabs as designed with one not-so-small problem. It
opens *every* window or tab that was ever opened
before, nopt just the ones that were open when it
crashed or was shutdown. It doesn't seem to know or
care that those particular items were closed by either
clicking the "X"s or any of the other means, not just
minimized.

    Have you tried to move your .mozilla directory out of the way and to
restart with a fresh profile? Maybe some extension or some setting are
causing problems...

OK, that seems to solve that problem but creates three
more.

What files do I have to copy to the new .mozilla to get
my bookmarks, userid/passwords, and extension/plugins back?

Bookmarks are in a file called, guess what, bookmarks.html. Very original. As for the rest, I am not sure about userid and passwords, and I suspect your broken behaviour is actually caused by some faulty extensions. It is probably easier to move back the .mozilla directory and start iceweasel from a terminal with

$ iceweasel -safe-mode

This will disable all extensions. If the problem does not occur, start iceweasel in normal mode, disable all the extensions by hand and re-enable them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.