Re: QWERTY variant of Slovak keybaord---missing?

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 12:13:35 +0100, Matej Kosik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Occassionally, I need to use Slovak keyboard layout. I (and I guess
> many if not most Slovaks) are used to QWERTY rather than QWERTZ.
>
> Previous Debian versions included this file:
>
> 	/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/sk_qwerty
>
> so that within
>
> 	/etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> I could make use of it as follows:
>
> 	Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,sk_qwerty"
> 	Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
>
> But `sk_qwerty' file disappeared? Is this an ommision or some purpose? I see only
>
> 	/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/sk
>
> which is QWERTZ. Am I right?

The "sk_qwerty" layout is obsolete; "qwerty" and "qwerty_bksl" are now
included as variants of the "sk" layout.

Try this keyboard definition in your xorg.conf:

    Option    "XkbLayout"     "us,sk"
    Option    "XkbVariant"    ",qwerty"
    Option    "XkbOptions"    "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

(",qwerty" means "basic for us, qwerty for sk")

          Florian   |