too many mutts

Hello,

I am on Etch and using fluxbox mainly to manage windows. I use mutt
for email. I start it with a key command.

When I get many x-sessions and programs running at once, often mutt is
running somewhere and I don't know it, so I do the mutt key command
and start a 2nd mutt, then sometimes a third.

Is there a script I could make that I could use to start mutt, and if
mutt were already running, then it could just take me to the already-
running instance of it, instead of starting a new mutt?

Thanks for any help.

I know some Python if it could be done in there. But I suspect I need
a bash script?

I didn't see a mutt option that would accomplish this.

Thank you for any help.

RD