Re: Strange behaviour of K3B

> > I am trying to burn a Data DVD+R
> <snip>
> > When I hit the burn button, the dialog box that
> pops up normally has a
> > drop down box which says the type of media
> detected.  This remains
> > steadfastly saying no media loaded regardless of
> whether I have or
> > not - meaning I cannot start the burn.
> >
> > Any suggestions

google the problem, this is a know problem that occurs
occasionally with k3b (it kind of forgets where your
drives are) there are some kernel moduals that can be
set to load on startup that usually takes care of the
problem (you'll have to google to find them, i cannot
recall which ones off of the top of my head

> Did you get an answer to this?
>
> The only thing I got is.....
>
> Are you sure your drive handles DVD+R?
>
> Any new drives should handle DVD+ and DVD-, but
> older drives may not,
> the older the drive the more likely it would do DVD+
> or DVD- not both.

that is also a possibility :)

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799