Re: Debian Testing, LDAP Directory, Kernel general protection errors

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:57:01AM +0200, Krasimir Ganchev wrote:
> I am using the current Debian Testing as a distribution tree and have
> recently updated the system. Since that last update I continue regularly
> receiving the following errors:
>
> Jan 31 10:18:19 lila kernel: [ 44.844774] exim4[3153] general protection
> eip:b785f4ec esp:bfba2ff8 error:0
> Jan 31 10:18:42 lila kernel: [ 67.911708] apache2[3583] general protection
> eip:b7bf44ec esp:bfe746b8 error:0
>
> Something seems to make apache2 and exim4 to sigfault after that particular
> update and I do suspect that it has something to do with libldap2
> libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap and in general with daemons or programs which

openldap have moved to gnuTLS in version 2.4, which I believe has recently hit
the repo's which also includes a change to libnss-ldap, libpam-ldap, sudo-ldap
and the libldap libraries.  I ran into some similar problems when I upgraded my
slapd by accident and it brought in all these other packages and by stealth
brought in gnutls.

I would suggest checking the versions of these ldap related packages and maybe
rolling back to the 2.3 versions see if that fixes stuff.

although 2.4 has a lot of advantages over 2.3

--
"The enemy understands a free Iraq will be a major defeat in their ideology of hatred. That's why they're fighting so vociferously."

	- George W. Bush
09/30/2004
first presidential debate, Coral Gables, Fla.