Re: Signature based backup solution?

Hi!

> > Do you know any backup solution which store backup like mirror, but each file is
> > compressed? And then can do incremental backups without an original file? (like
> > rdiff http://linux.die.net/man/1/rdiff)

I use BackupPC.
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

It stores files by incremental or full backup,  using ssh, rsynch or
smb (so you can backup Win or Linux or Mac without problems).
It also compress files, and handles versioning.
It has also a web gui very simple to use.

I use it with high satisfaction.
Try it, it is also present in debian repository.
I suggest to try the last release (3.1) from source, even if it's
available from debian repository (but only with lenny/sid you have the
same rel.; in etch it's available the 3.0.1 rel.).

Hope that helps you.