Re: PUPPIES FOR SALE

John Hardin wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 08:38 +0200, David Baron wrote:

OK spamassassin folks: Rules which would say no puppies on software mailing lists, no software on dog-breeders mailing lists. A few false alarms, i.e. "that great new app is such a sweet-puppie" and that "breeder's management package is a killer app" (or is that a yap?).

(1) Some __ rules to detect the mailing lists from the headers (assuming
the list manager puts in nice mailing list headers), like
   header __LIST_DEBIAN List_ID =~ /\.debian\./

(2) Some content-specific __ rules, like body __PUPPIES /\bpupp(?:y|ies)\b/i

(3) meta them together for scoring
   meta DEBIAN_PUPPIES (__LIST_DEBIAN && __PUPPIES)
   score DEBIAN_PUPPIES 1.00

Repeat as needed.

so we can no more discuss Puppy Linux or the Puppy package manager on debian lists?

keyword filtering on general public lists is risky. I wonder if training bayes with a large corpus would help (the problem is what spam to use in the corpus).