Re: upgrading X in sid

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:04:32PM -0500, charlie derr wrote:
<snippage>

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	30-70
	VertRefresh	50-160
EndSection

I'd start by commenting out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines above to let
xorg pick it's own instead of being constrained.

woohoo, that worked!   thanks so much for this hint

<more snippage>

also, check Jorg-Volker's idea too. It may be relevant.

Yeah, it looks like there's some good info there, but since I no longer have a problem, I'm less inclined to make sure I understand it all :-]

	thanks to all,
		~c