Re: UPS question

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:11:57 -0500
Jonathan Jacobs <stingray761@fuse.net> wrote:

> I have a new ups and it came with a software disc with the following
> Unix software...AIX, Freebsd, HP, Linux, SCO, Solarus.  Which one do
> I use and or Is there software on the Synaptic Package Manager that I
> should look for?

What version of debian are you using?  Lenny's GNOME has built-in
support for my USB UPS (APC BackUPS) which just automagically works, so
I no longer have to mess with nut (although nut would be useful for more
complicated setups such as powering multiple computers off the same
ups, or if your ups is not supported).

I believe, though I am not sure, that the new ups support in gnome is
part of the new acpi support.

Regards,

Daniel
--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore