Re: Need to configure manually PPPoE,PPP,pppoeconf does not work for me.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:22:10 -0800 (PST)
alexandre suzuki <alex_o_suzuki@yahoo.com> wrote:

> pppoeconf is useless for me,when I run
> it detects eth0 but after some checks
> it outputs:
>
> Sorry,I scanned 1 interface but the
> access concentrator of your provider
> did not respond.Please check your
> network and modem cables.Another reason
> for the scan failure may also be another
> running pppoe process which controls the
> modem.
>
> I have a SpeedTouch ADSL modem connected
> through Ethernet and the modem is
> configured through a webbrowser interface
> and when I test using this interface the
> connectivity all is OK and the 4 LEDs
> of the modem are green:

Erm, is the dsl modem a combination modem/router (fairly common these
days) and therefore you don't need pppoe, just a lan connection (if
this is the case just use network-admin to use dhcp on the network card
to which the modem is attached; it should just pick up the ip supplied
by the router).

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore