Re: Installation of hard drive

Pantor wrote:
Andres Migliazzo wrote:
Hi,
Please, login as root and run the comand "mount", then show us the standar output AND the /etc/fstab file. Tell us which is the file systems that you have used on new disk partitions (VFAT, EXT2/3, NTFS, UFS, REISERFS, etc).

Regards

On Jan 25, 2008 4:13 PM, Pantor <pantor@painter-decorator.eu <mailto:pantor@painter-decorator.eu>> wrote:

    KS wrote:
     > Pantor wrote:
     >> KS wrote:

     >>> I would just connect the hard disk and boot. My new/old hard
    disks have
>>> been detected without a hitch when booting. Then comes the use of a
     >>> partitioning tool like cfdisk, fdisk, etc. and after that you
    can use
     >>> mkfs to create the file system. If you like using the GUI more,
    install
     >>> gparted or qtparted and use that to partition and format the
    hard disk.

     >>> HTH
     >> If to boot then windows will boot. Gparted
     >> shows:
     >>  > 89-125-103-244:/home/andrius# gparted
     >>> ======================
     >>> libparted : 1.7.1
     >>> automounting disabled
     >>> ======================
     >>> Unable to open /dev/hda read-write (Read-only file system).
     /dev/hda
     >>> has been opened read-only.
     >>> Unable to open /dev/hda - unrecognised disk label.
     >> Andrius
     >>

> Where do you have Debian installed? /dev/hdb? Where did you install
     > Grub? You need to give more details about your setup.

    Debian installed on sda,
New disk hdc installed and partitioned, but still not visible in media:/

 It seems tha a mistake was made in last line.
 >   ># /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc1 ext3 default 2 1

Instead "default" should be "defaults". But after change a error message "permission denied" appear in Konqueror window.

And mount still does not work
"89-125-103-244:/home/andrius# mount /dev/hdc1
mount: mount point /mnt/hdc1 does not exist"