Re: Installation of hard drive

Pantor wrote:
> Lads,
>
> would you be able to advice please, how to install a second hard drive
> which have preinstalled Windows. PC booting Windows after hard drive has
> been plugged in. Windows should be cleared, but how thee partition works?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrius

I would just connect the hard disk and boot. My new/old hard disks have
been detected without a hitch when booting. Then comes the use of a
partitioning tool like cfdisk, fdisk, etc. and after that you can use
mkfs to create the file system. If you like using the GUI more, install
gparted or qtparted and use that to partition and format the hard disk.

HTH