Re: nvidia driver problem [Was: new user question: debian on a Thinkpad T61]

Jimmy Wu wrote:
I followed the instructions to install the nvidia drivers the Debian
way from this site:
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

<snip>

Just installed AMD64 Etch on a dual core 64, with a Leadtek Quadro FX540 on a work station. Getting similar reactions with the basic nv driver and looking to install the NVidia drivers.

Got nothing from startx.

But running a check on the monitor read outs (a Fujitsu 19" LCD, which was configured at 1280 by 1040 with 31.5-83kHz H and 56-75Hz V), I get 700 by 400, with refresh rates that far exceed the spectrum.

I intend to upgrade to SID before I install drivers and configure X.

I'll let you know how I go.

--
David Palmer
Linux User - #352034