Re: Alsa and ens1370 card help

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Nigel Henry wrote:

Hi Ishwar. Is it a PCI, or an older ISA card. lspci should show if it's a PCI
one. I have an Ensoniq PCI card (ens1371) that works fine.

Could you post also the output of:
cat /proc/asound/cards

Which Debian based OS is this?

Do you have anything audio based plugged into the USB? Webcam, Usb midi
keyboard, etc. Sometimes USB stuff can mess about with the ordering of the
soundcards, resulting ion the USB device being set as card0, and your actual
soundcard as card1, which results in no sounds.
lspci did show the card but aplay -l won't find one!!

After trying a bit I created the audio and sound devices again in
/dev/.static/dev using /dev/MAKEDEV. The did the trick for me.

I am running latest Sidux-2007-4.5 debian derivarive.

Thanks for the reponse.

-ishwar