Re: /var/archive

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:38:42PM +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: /var/archive
	ONEWORD,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,SARE_RECV_CHAR_CARAT autolearn=failed version=3.2.3

Hi,

I've just moved to Debian Etch from 10 years on Mandriva, so a bit of a
newbie here.

Can anyone tell me what significance /var/archives has? I have a 1.25 GB
/var partition, which always used to be plenty, but archives is now eating
up 1.05 GB, so I'll have to move (or preferably delete) it.
/var/archives is strange that in my box I have: /var/cache/apt/archives
To clean the archives after upgrade you have to do:

sudo apt-get clean

Nothing else !

--
Gérard