Re: umask

Is it really so hard to set umask for one user? Can somebody tell me about a documentation or sth. to solve this problem.

How should it work in your opinion, mayby something is missconfigurated on my system.

I expected that the changes hast to take place in .bash_profile and for no-loggin-shells in .bashrc. But changes here don't take effect.

best regards
Christian

Christian Ruffer schrieb:
but it only works for the bash settings. colors and aliases. The umask isn't set :(

Christian Ruffer schrieb:
there was no .profile file in the /home/user/ Path.
Now i copied ~/.profile and no it works!

Christian Ruffer schrieb:
Thats what I already tried. I can't belive it is so hard to set spezial user settings vor the bash.

i want to change the default umask permanently for one user.

1. I change the .bashrc file. uncommented umask
nothing

2. I added a .pam_umask file with 002 in it.
nothing

3. I tryed to change umask for all in /etc/pam.d/common-session
session optional        pam_umask.so umask=077
nothing