Re: umask

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 12:20:24PM +0100, Christian Ruffer wrote:
> i want to change the umask permanently for one user.
>
> 1. I change the .bash_profile file. uncommented umask
> nothing

Have you tried setting it in .bashrc?  Depending on how a shell comes
into existence, .bash_profile may or may not run, but .bashrc always
will.  (Or, more accurately, bash will run either .bash_profile or
.bashrc on startup, depending on how it's called, but the default Debian
.bash_profile starts off by running .bashrc.)

--
I reckon we are now the only monastry ever that had a dungeon stuffed with
sixteen thousand zombies.