Re: pppoeconf / Verizon DSL

In article <[🔎] 200801192258.06251.mgb@yosemite.net> you wrote:
> I looked at your resolv.conf in your earlier post and I don't see
> a problem.  What problem do you see?

I tried accessing 'myhome.westell.com' over dial-up and it said Server
not found, and I didn't think 'nameserver 192.168.1.1' was correct
because it's the address to configure the modem.  However it must be
right because everything is working now.

What happened is I called Verizon tech support and told them that I
entered my user name and password on the modem configuration page, but
I still couldn't access the Internet.  The tech said I had no password
on the Verizon side.  This is probably because I wasn't using IE
during the initial setup.  A day or two later I asked one of the techs
to setup the password, but I guess she didn't do it right.  Then the
tech clicked on the disable button and I instantly had access to the
net.  She said that if I ever reset the modem I could do this myself
by entering "http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm"; and then click
on the disable button.  Later I tried the address and the button said
enable.

The reason I couldn't access 192.168.1.1 in the first place was
because when I tried to use pppoeconf I made a mistake when I changed
an Ethernet setting in the bios, which later caused a problem for the
DHCP client.  At the time the change seemed to have no effect.

So I want to thank everyone that tried to help me!  All of the
information you provided was good.

By the way, I found the following site that gives some good information
about the Westell 6100 modem:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/bellsouth/3.14_Westell_2100_2200_6100_Info

Thanks again!

   Larry