Re: pppoeconf / Verizon DSL

Larry writes:
> I still can't do it because IE running under Wine won't download ActiveX.

Try using Firefox again.  Ignore any instructions Verizon gave you.

> I still don't have access to the Internet, but I think it's because I was
> never able to complete the modem setup on the Verizon site.

You don't do any setup on any Verizon site.  You do it on the Web server
inside the modem by putting your username and password in the right places
so that the modem can authenticate to Verizon.  It sounds like you did
that.  However, it also sounds like you have no default route, probably as
a side effect of your experiments with PPPoE.
--
John Hasler