Re: pppoeconf / Verizon DSL

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 01:26:12AM -0800, Larry Fletcher wrote:
> I finally got summary page to load and was able to change
> the username and password.
>
> I still don't have access to the Internet, but I think it's
> because I was never able to complete the modem setup on the
> Verizon site.  I still can't do it because IE running under
> Wine won't download ActiveX.  So I'll just have to tell the
> Verizon techs that I can't complete the installation process.
>
>    Larry

Hello again Larry, Good! If you can connect to your modems connection
summary page, then your end is working. Now you need to inform Verizon
that their end is not. Make sure you didn't place one of those filters
on the phone line going to your dsl modem. Also add the line about
the default gateway posted earlier to your routing table.
Good Luck!
--
Paul Lane
KC9EYE