Re: GUI programming

> Sorry for an off topic, but for your opinion. I am going to work on
> GUI programming using C++ and running on both Debian platform and
> Window. Which GUI package is popular, QT4, OpenGL, or something else

I urge you to take a look at Ultimate++ library at
http://www.ultimatepp.org/. It is written in modern C++ style, not
overusing inheritance where it is not needed. I tried a lot of cross
platform GUI toolkits, and this is the one I've stayed on and was
mostly satisfied by. This library was such a relief after using
wxWidgets for a while. The code usually comes out much cleaner and
easier to understand. The only downside is that it comes with its own
IDE, and so far I was unable to compile it without it. But this is a
minor inconvenience, since I can still write my code in vim, then
switch to the IDE, hit F7 to compile, then go back and fix the bugs.
These is a package for Debian on their website as well.

Good luck.